West Coast Part 3 - Exmouth back to Perth


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia
August 25th 2014
Published: September 8th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Back down the coast now, headed firstly to Coral Bay again, because it was so beautiful. Got another wee snorkel in and chilled out on the beach. Beautiful spot. Then onto Hamelin, just at the entrance to Shark Bay. On the way though, we couldn’t resist stopping in Carnarvon that has an international space museum. It was one of the international stations that tracked the Apollo space missions. It was a good place to stop and had a few artefacts about the space missions including a lunar space laser machine that you could climb into and pretend to drive. We had stopped in Hamelin briefly on the way up the coast, and just couldn’t get enough of the Stromatolites. They are extremely interesting from a geological perspective, but not really much to look at. They are “living rocks” that have built up over millions of years. They do still look like rocks though, so difficult to get excited about.



Next stop was another few hours down the coast, a place called Horrocks. It’s a wee beachy retirement town that had an osprey nesting on the beach. Then to our last night on the campervan tour in Jurien bay. Ciaran got another wee snorkel here, but for some reason there were no fish there. A real shame as he had just purchased an underwater camera for the trip. Ah well, at least he had nothing to report to bore Deirdre to tears. This was the night of the Trivial Pursuit Grand Finale. It was a double points night allowing Deirdre to even it up and salvage some credibility. Unfortunately Ciaran was on form and won convincingly, meaning that the series ended 1-5. An embarrassing defeat for anyone to take!!! Back to Perth for our last night and stayed with Niall and Hannah again. Got a sneaky wee last trip to the wineries of Swan River and the Chocolate factory. Great craic and great hosts!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.092s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 7; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0492s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 6; ; mem: 1.2mb