Point Quobba to Carnarvon


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia
September 1st 2013
Published: September 6th 2013
Edit Blog Post

IMG_3371IMG_3371IMG_3371

Carnarvon Jetty
01-09-13 t0 03-09-13

Point Quobba to Carnarvon

After a nice early morning snorkel, we made our way to Carnarvon for what we thought would be one night but ended up being two.

We received a tip from a fellow traveler who had spent a night recently in Carvarvon that the Oasis CP was nice and quiet. Beauty, that’s where we will head, love good tips like that.

On arriving at the Oasis CP, we booked in for 1 night, which was lucky because that’s all they could offer us at this stage. Anyhow, after having a quick look around, and the fact that the polling booth for absentee voting would be open the next day, we decided we needed another day. We approached reception about extending, the extension of another night wasn’t an issue, it was that the site we were on had already been booked. We were happy to move if we had to, so we left it with them, went and did a few touristy things and called back later. Yep, we could stay another night, but we would have to move in the morning.

We went for a walk along the mile long
IMG_3374IMG_3374IMG_3374

different angle Carnarvon Jetty
jetty, mind you they charge you $4 each just to walk on the jetty, and you can’t even get right to the end because of maintenance works, and I think that would be the main attraction.

On waking the next day, I was so pleased we had to move, our site was next to the toilet block and all night we could hear people walking past to go to the toilet! We were only moving a few sites down, but it looked like it would be much quieter!

Anyway, after relocating, we made our way down the street to vote. It just so happens we parked right outside a coffee shop which looked busy, that’s always a good indication the coffee here is good, so we thought we would sit and have a coffee before we voted. Always important to vote with a clear head!

There seemed to be no outside tables left, but a kind fellow Victorian invited us to share his table, so we did. We spent the next hour and ½ sitting having coffee with complete strangers, and thoroughly enjoyed it. That’s what travelling this great country of ours is all about.

The
IMG_3382IMG_3382IMG_3382

Carnarvon foreshore
town of Carnarvon really didn’t do much for us, and neither did the tip from the fellow traveler. After putting up with the constant stream of people going to the toilet during the night on night 1, we were camped next to some tanks on night 2 and we had to endure the constant drip of water into the tank until the early hours of the morning! We could not get out of this CP quick enough. Don’t get me wrong, it was clean, the staff were very friendly, we just happened to get 2 of the worst sites in the park.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0382s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb