Denham


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia
December 6th 2008
Published: December 12th 2008
Edit Blog Post

A Shark...A Shark...A Shark...

This is a lemon shark, slightly smaller than the thick skin shark and both the dorsal fins are nearly the same size
Didn't sleep well at all!! Chris had to get up at 1 am to fix the tent pegs back in the ground - after having extreme difficulty getting them in in the first place! - the ground is solid rock! Nightmare! The wind was so strong he couldn't stand up... It was wrapping around the tent making so much noise - we are glad we had a decent tent!
As i was very very grumpy Chris suggested to go to the Ocean Park to see some sharks.
It's a natural marine exhibition 8km from Denham. We saw live sharks being fed, turtles, snappers, really big fish, sea snakes, rays and some really colourfull fish - can't remember the name, but they were all sorts of blues, greens, yellows and purples...
The guided tour was really interesting, the guys are really passionate about what they do.. All the fish and sharks are caught in the Shark Bay area and are all kept in their natural environment, released regulary and new ones caught. It's a great way to see what is out under the sea without having to dive!
Got back and went for a drink, Tufty got really really excited to find
More sharks...More sharks...More sharks...

It's feeding time...amazing animals - and before you ask... they are not dangerous to humans - yes we checked! Neither are the sea-snakes. The top one is a thick skinned shark, the first dorsal fin is alot bigger.
that Jack Daniels and coke comes in a can....!!!! WAHOOOOO !!
Chris's random fact: Sharks eat ALOT less than dolphins and people think. They only eat around 250grams of meat per day but in the wild they try and eat as much as they can in one go so they don't have to bother again for at least a month - they are very lazy animals!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 46; dbt: 0.043s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb