Broome to Karijini


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia
August 17th 2019
Published: August 17th 2019
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Broome to Karijini


We started off with a long drive from Broome to Port Hedland, where we stayed in a free camp at the turf club for the night and stocked up on more groceries.
South of Port Hedland we stopped the night at one of the most magnificent free camps we have come across - Albert Tognolini Rest Area. We enjoyed the sensational sunset over the valley with a small campfire while the kids enjoyed a swing Lachie had made up.
Not too far down the road we arrived at Dales campground in Karijini National Park where we camped for 4 nights.
Dales Gorge was stunning with red rock contrasting with the white snow gums. We had a swim at Fern Pool and enjoyed sitting on the rocks by Fortescue falls.
The following day we visited Hancock Gorge and walked the very tricky track, having to walk through the water and climb like spiders down into Kermit's Pool. Lucy and Sheree had a fall trying to get out of the gorge, and we spent the afternoon at Tom Price Hospital getting X-ray's to check nothing was broken.
Following a rest morning in the caravan, Sheree and Juliet watched on as Lachie walked down to Circular Pool with Isabelle and Lucy, who found lots of leeches in the shallow water there.
For our final day at Karijini, we trekked Kalamina Gorge which was pretty, but the water full of algae.
We are looking forward to a break from this red dust and can't wait to spend some time at the beach as we head further west.


Additional photos below
Photos: 22, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.301s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 7; qc: 59; dbt: 0.0673s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb