Venetian Canals


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia
July 28th 2019
Published: July 28th 2019
Edit Blog Post

What an absolutely glorious morning - 18oC, brilliant sunshine and just a gentle breeze. Lots of people wandering around the foreshore this morning: some enjoying breakfast or a coffee in the sunshine, some young families making the most of the playground equipment and others like us just strolling around. A perfect Sunday morning.







John had read that there is a market on somewhere along the eastern foreshore every Sunday and given that to date we haven’t had much success in finding good markets on this holiday we thought that it would be a leisurely thing to wander around.







What a flop! There were just 6 stalls – pet treats/clothes, cleaning products, crystal/stones, baby clothes, brass ornaments and a preacher …… none of which we need. Oh dear; we still have a few opportunities to find a good market so fingers crossed.







To console ourselves we enjoyed some very tasty churros along the boardwalk before starting out on a walk around the Venetian Canals.







There is a rather large Sebel complex on Stingray Point and from what we could see there weren’t too many folk staying there – most of the windows had their curtains drawn. The rest of Venetian Canals is made up of apartment style accommodation – whether they are privately owned or holiday we are not sure but each had a canal frontage and most had moorings – and all are linked by walkways and footbridges. It looked impressive and even the names of the mews sounded exotic: Vivaldi Drive, Marco Polo Drive, Florian Mews and Treviso Mews.







At the far end, and leading to a small protected beach, was The Palladio – a cluster of restaurants and cafes and bars and all very busy.







Time then to head back to the caravan and relax in the sunshine this afternoon. It’s a hard life!


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



28th July 2019

Blogging!
Keep the blogs coming - almost feels like we’re there with you!

Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0373s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb