Yallingup, Western Australia - Sept 2014


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Yallingup
September 14th 2014
Published: May 11th 2015
Edit Blog Post

It was time for spring in the valley and we headed off to the Margaret River area to see the baby coats being born, the lillies in full bloom and the wine just ready for tasting 😊

We stayed at our favourite farmstay and the kids are getting so much bigger and in to it that it has made it really easy to stay here. They take off at 7am and play with the other kids, collecting eggs for breakfast and feeding the sheep and goats. We also worked out that it was cheaper to eat in at night and let the kids watch a movie or play board games, but to live it up at the wineries and events around the area during the day.

The breweries are now everywhere down here - maybe at least 6 of them - and all are ridiculously child friendly. They all have massive playgrounds and kids menus so that was our lunch spot of choice on all 4 days. We also went to the chocolate factory, icecream factory, lolly factory and a few wineries of course 😊 We went to a different 'maze' that was south of Margaret River and this would be a great venue for a full day family picnic. The entire grounds had been made into a huge hedge maze, and there were chess boards and other games like this scattered around the garden. Absolutly beautiful gardens and as it wasn't that warm (probably around 20 degrees celcius) there weren't many people around so it wasn't too hectic.

We had tried to go to the lighthouse last time we were here but it was too stormy. This time although raining a little it wasn't windy as such so we decided to give it a go. It was excellent and the Midgit loved finding out all the information about lighthouses and how it was built and how it saves ships. It is also the most western tip and lighthouse in Australia so that was quite interesting and exciting to know. Even better was we were able to see whales migrating south from the top of the lighthouse!


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



12th May 2015

Great holiday!
What a wonderful collection of activities, and how important for city kids to know farm life! Such a contrast to your Christmas vacation. I love being on the beach and swimming, but this farm/wine stay had such great variety of things to do.

Tot: 0.152s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 13; qc: 57; dbt: 0.0934s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb