Nornalup


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Walpole
December 11th 2006
Published: December 13th 2006
Edit Blog Post

We drove down from Yalingup to Narnalop via a couple of vineyards (great lunch at the Xanadu winery) and the Lake Cave - a big hole in the ground that we took a tour around. Pretty impressive stalactites and straws and curtains and hanging tables - obviously all the photos we took make it look like we were in a dark hole in the ground.

A couple of hours drive later and we were driving through the hamlet of Narnalop trying to remember what our accomadation was called. Finally decided to look it up in our notes, found the details, turned round and went back to it. A two room luxury cabin a little too close to the others, but all fine that aside.

Today (Monday 11th Dec) we went to the beach at Greens Pool, really one of the most beautiful beaches I have ever been to. Absolutly stunning. Eden was happily scampering in and out of the shallow waters which lapped at the white sandy shores. The whole bay was sandy and clean, and there is astring of rocks that mean the area is protected from riptides and currents and so is very safe. Why would you ever leave this wonderful setting ? Why ? I'll tell you why. Because for every person on the beach there are four million flies. They greet you at the carpark, follow you down to the beach, wait while you have a swim, help you get dry, monitor the contents of your ears, eyes, mouth and nose, and constantly check your reflexes. They really were overwhelming. Despite the beauty of the beach, we only lasted forty minutes. A shame.
Then we drove to Denmark for lunch (an unimpressive town) and then went up to the alpaca and koala farm. Which was great !!! Lots of fluffy cuddly animals to stroke, feed and dribble on.
We loved it.
Then home to feed the ducks and clean the bottoms of the canoes (Edens new obsession)

Narnalup (Part 2)
Final full day at Narnalup was fly determined. After breakfast (and mandatory duck feeding) we drove down to the Valley of the Giants (big tingle trees), and did the treetop walk, which allows you to walk 40m above the ground on huge great gantries that have been erected on a series of seven pylons. An interesting view of the forest and some really fantastic views over the valley are on offer.
Eden just wanted to run along the gantries at top speed - didn't see a thing.
Spent the rest of the day driving around some of the sites - Hilltop Lookout (3.4million flies per person) Circular Pool (4million flies per person), Peaceful Bay (4 flies per person- fantastic). So we spent a while at Peaceful Bay, which was lovely, and then went to see Conspicuous Cliffs. (Found them !!). These are spectacular cliffs on a lovely beach, but the wind was up and the rain was coming, so we didn't stay.
Then back to the duck farm for the night.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.158s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 56; dbt: 0.116s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb