Tree Top Walk


Advertisement
Published: January 7th 2006
Edit Blog Post

After leaving Albany this morning in Sheila (our new car) we travelled 200km west to Walpole where we were able to reach the Tree Top Walk, the Valley of the Giants and the Ancient empire, all set in stunning national park.

The tree top walk is a suspended 300 metre walkway which rises from the entrance to a height of 40 metres so that you are able to get high and walk through the canopy of trees such as the karri and jarrah, pretty spectacular stuff, although quite nerve racking as the metal walk way tended to sway quite a bit when people walked around on it, not good if you have a fear of heights.

The ancient empire was cool too with a ground level walk around the forest floor highlighing local species of tree and flowers. We also saw a southern bush bandicoot too in his little burrow. At first it looked a bit like a rat but was deifnitely a bandicoot as we saw a stuffed one later in the nearby museum.

As I took my camera out it was too quick for me to get a piccie as it darted out of its hole
Karri TreesKarri TreesKarri Trees

Oli ate some shrinking peas this morning!
across the path and scared us stiff with its speed.

After Walpole we turned up the aircon and spent the next 4 hours driving to Dunsbourgh before stopping at a hostel overnight so we werent driving for too long in one go.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 11; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0282s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1mb