Day 3: Caversham Wildlife Park


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Swan Valley
August 28th 2022
Published: February 10th 2023
Edit Blog Post

Day 3: 28Aug2022 (Sun) - Sunny

We were back at Whiteman Park to have our breakfast at the Village Cafe. Kids dine for free on Sunday! The choices were pretty limited but still not too bad.

We then drove to Caversham Wildlife Park which was a few minutes away.

We started at the Kangaroo area first. There were a bucket of kangaroo feeds that we could help ourselves to. As usual, A was apprehensive when we told him to feed the kangaroos, but he still tried when he saw me feeding the kangaroo. However, he only tried once, but still an improvement. He seemed to enjoy looking at the ducks instead. Next, we went to watch the farm show. They showcased sheep herding, sheep shearing, whipping and feeding of baby lambs. We quickly moved on to see quokkas and koalas, then back to the farm animals. A was definitely intrigued by all the animals he seen. He nearly fell asleep halfway, but woke up immediately when I offered him snacks. We then went to the penguin enclosure just in time to see the park keeper feeding the penguins with whole fish. Since its near A nap time, we decided to go back. We bought jap bento and bubble tea from the food trucks at Whiteman Park just before we left.

A must be really tired as he napped for really long. We had to wake him up as the shops were closing. We quickly dropped by Mondo Nougat and Morish Nuts to get our souveniers. We then visited Whistler's Chocolate Company. Pretty disappointing, we didn't get anything there but bought an ice cream while A played at the sand pit. However, it was near their closing time, so we couldn't stay for long.

Before going back to the Airbnb, we dropped by a grocery store where husband got a really bad-tasting salad. We then went home to cook dinner. The adults ate instant noodle while A ate porridge. We went to bed early as we had a long drive the next day.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 29; dbt: 0.035s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb