Perth Rottnest Island


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Rottnest Island
January 7th 2010
Published: January 7th 2010
Edit Blog Post

4-1-10 Mon Off on the ferry at 8am to Rottenest Island ,(thanks to the Xmas money guys) it was a 40 min ride & a bitt rough but not too bad. We arrived at the Island & were greeted by our tour guide, who told us about the history of the Island. We did not know it used to be an aboriginal prison, & it was very interesting. There is a small Kangaroo on the Island known as the Quokka , it looks like a rat. We had morning tea & there was 6 of us in the group, it was nice as it was not too big, after that we went on a Discovery Tour around the Island & it was so nice. The colour of the water is amazing, & one side of the island is very calm protected by a reef & the other side is good for surfing. There were a lot of people holidaying in the old heritage buildings, aver $1200 per week & there is a ballot in the busy times to see if you can get accommodation. After the tour we went for a buffet lunch at the resort (yummy) & had a drink, then we went to see the museum & then our guide Don took us on a walk to the lighthouse & we had a paddle in the water. After that we had about an hour free time & we went & had a drink at the Hotel Resort & sat watching the boats moored in the bay & then we made our way back to the ferry at 4.45 for the ride back to Hillary’s Wharf. We got home & the girls were pleased to see us, it was 39 deg today, it was cooler at Rottenest thank goodness but still hot. We ended up having a drink with our back neighbours as they were leaving tomorrow. I had had it at 8.30 & Den came to bed at 11pm, so all in all an enjoyable day. 5-1-10 Tues Today we looked after Tara (our dog sitter) as her step mum had an accident & her Dad was at the hospital all day. We had a visit from Ted & Di, whom we have met along the way & sat in the air con as it was even hotter today 41 deg & I was cooking a baked dinner (silly me) Den went to have his pint of blood takes & have a blood test, we will find out in a couple of days if the iron level has come down. Went to bed pretty tired. 6-1-10 Wed, 37 deg ,Today I got my hair cut & we posted some things to the kids , claimed Medicare & did some shopping. We came home & I had a rest to see if I can make my back better, its been a bit sore. Den put the fishing rods on the back of the van & finished off the camera wire underneath , we had a nice tea & watched TV. We have decided to do Wave Rock later on, we might do it when we leave Perth. 7-1-10 Thurs, 29 deg today , a bit cooler. Den went to have an x-ray on his hip ( I think we are cracking up) & I cleaned the van & washed. We had lunch & I had a sun bake, then watered the grass, took the girls for a walk. The Haematologist rang with good news , Dens iron count is down to 430 so he may not need too many more treatments hopefully . We rang the kids & Kirsty, & a few others on our free hour & by then it was time to get tea. We watched TV & went to bed early, now I cant sleep so I am posting the Blog. Sorry 2 pages of photos .




Additional photos below
Photos: 34, Displayed: 24


Advertisement



Tot: 0.052s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 28; dbt: 0.032s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb