Paradise, sunburn and nobody called Bruce?


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Rottnest Island
January 18th 2007
Published: January 18th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hello all! Thanks for the comments...I wasn't actually expecting people to read this stuff!

Anyway, what did today bring?! Well...I went to Rottnest Island with my auntie. That place literally is PARADISE! It's basically a deserted island....with no cars...people just cycle. it has only 150 residents...who all work there. working there consists of being in one of the two hotels, the one shop, the gift shop or the visitors centre...cuz that's pretty much all there is there apart from sun, white fine sands and the most gorgeous blue seas! Oh and the other locals are cute little fluffy quokkas! They live under some bushes! Adorable!
There were also peacocks roaming around...scary stuff!
I cannot stress how little there is to do on the island though! it takes 45 mins on the bus to tour the whole island...it has loads of different bays. Its pure beauty!

I managed to get my first lot of PINK *suburnt* arms today tho...oops! Im sure that'll hurt in the morning...but at least I don't feel like such a tourist now!

Went out for a meal tonight for Gillian (my cousins) boyfriend's birthday. Met some more cool aussie guys! I'm learning more and more about them...they don't have 'banoffe'...they don't know what 'abroad' means and they don't know anyone called BRUCE! They do however, have palm trees and trees that look like broccoli and don't seem to do much work! they kinda just finish when they feel like it! They also say "a" after every sentence...example: you're pretty sunburnt a?

Anyway, enough rambling for today! I need sleep!
Night night!

I have photos- will load them up when i work out how! x

Advertisement



18th January 2007

livin it up down under
Go girl! I am soo jealous of you and soo happy for you. You will have a fantastic time! Do as much as you can and then do some more! You will come back with an aussie (accent) and you wil say "no worries" ALOT!! Max is walking and has grown curly hair! Oscar is singing and dancing, how cute?! Will keep track of your trip, have fun pink one! Lots a love The sheep shaggers.
19th January 2007

Sounds wonderful so far. Are you sure you're not in Canada Ea? Keep blogging, Nathan
21st January 2007

Glad you are enjoying it!!!!!!!!
Hi Flower Sounds like you are having far too good a time! Like the rainbow ice cream - dont have too much , prob full of E numbers and you dont need much help to be wild and wacky!!!! Missing you crazy especially with our Grease production!! Tell me why I always agree with tracey? Anyway get going with those lovely aussie guys. Enjoy. watch the arms1 Mother talking!!! Miss you loads. keep writing. Stay safe!
30th January 2007

Hey dear!! It sounds lush!! Bet your having a lovely time! Im sure you wont mind about the sun burn though.. as its pink!! hehe, well I think we all mind about sunburn deep deep down. Hope to hear from you again soon!! xxx

Tot: 0.11s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0647s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb