Is it time to leave already??


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Rockingham
September 16th 2011
Published: October 4th 2011
Edit Blog Post

3 weeks has gone far to quick, and we were wishing we had an extra few days at the end to check a few things out. But we will definitely be back to this side, and have even thought quite a few times that we could easily live over here in WA. The weather has been great, the beaches are beautiful (minus the 6 metre white shark that was spotted at the beach just south of here the other day... and yes that is 6 METRES!), the people are really friendly and it is even more laid back than the rest of Australia. And super cheap flights to Bali, Thailand etc. They were advertising flights to Bali for $198 return including taxes, which I guess why they say there are more Australians in Bali than Balinese people!

We spent the last couple weeks working a tonne, going to Bikram about 4 times a week, and probably eating seafood every second night, we couldn't get enough. Think I had Chilli Mussels about 4 times in 8 days! They were delicious. We even met a guy that owned the fish market below us who just happened to go to my high school back in Langley and graduated 2 years after me, and lived about 5 blocks away from my parents house, and now lives over here and owns a fish and chip shop. Definitely a small world.

We had dinner quite a few times in Fremantle which is the main port area about 20 minutes from the CBD of Perth (and about 25 minutes from where we were staying). And of course the locals call it Freo. It's a really cool area with a lot of pre-Colonial era convict built buildings that are beautifully restored and upkept. It is also home to the old gaol, port and jetty and the famous Freo Markets and a place we went a couple times – Little Creatures Brewery. Which when Brett does drink beer nowadays... is his favorite beer. The brewery is located in a huge tin shed in Freo's Fishing Boat Harbour that has been converted from a boatshed/croc farm they say. What they did with the crocs I am not sure... but is a great spot for a beer and dinner or a snack (great chilli mussels!). There is a huge indoor retaurant area where you can see the brewmasters at work as well as outdoor beer garden overlooking the harbour and it was packed both times we went. Definitely worth a stop if you are in Fremantle.

And so before we knew it, our whirlwind 3 weeks was over and it was time to pack up and leave our apartment and view which was a bit hard to do...But duty calls and onto the next spot...


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



Tot: 0.129s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0774s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb