day 32 29.8.2008


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Port Hedland
August 31st 2008
Published: August 31st 2008
Edit Blog Post


Happy birthday to Warwick, after putting some extra fuel in about 26 lts he drove out of Port Smith then when we got on the hwy Marg drove for several hours. Another hot day (33 in shade at Van Park) so we decided to go to Pardoo station and have a powered sited for the air con usage. Got to the turn off and about 13kl’s of dry dusty road again, this was a very corrugated road and a lot of dust, it was worst that this morning as we crawled along in 1st gear. At the station homestead the gate was closed so Marg did the right thing and closed it after we went through.

The office was closed and a station hand gave us a form to fill in and said just go and find a spot and come back later to pay so that was o/k. by us. We drove around looking for a camp site away from other dogs and feral kids. Most of the sights were just dirt but we found 1 with some grass on it. Before we started to set up camp we hosed the van down as it change colour from white to red just on this road.

The other campers have commented how well behaved and controlled the dogs are, it is about 85 klms north of Pt Hedland and is so quiet, tomorrow off to Pt Hedland for a few days stay.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.104s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 10; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0525s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb