Joe's to Go


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Perth
December 27th 2015
Published: January 10th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Joe's To go!Joe's To go!Joe's To go!

We went to Joe's "to go"
We got to the airport in plenty of time, we thought it would be a great idea if we could go in to the arrivals lounge and see our guests plane land then do the” ta da” thing when they walk through the gate, just like they do in the movies.

Of course we had to go through security and have our bags searched, but as we don’t have anything to hide neither of us have a problem with it, so we submit what we have, walk through the scanners, Caroline’s handbag is also subjected to the chemical swab before going any further.

With the all clear our first stop is for coffee, well it was for me as Caroline was on a mission to purchase a new pair of sunglasses as she had lost her pair so if there is shopping to be done, Caroline is the girl. I think the excuse was something like “I cannot manage without sunglasses as the sun is very bright”.

I went and picked up the coffee’s and went over to the Sunglasses store where Caroline wanted my “professional” advice as to which sunnies were most suitable, gosh us fella’s have
Joe's To go!Joe's To go!Joe's To go!

Caroline with our Welcome sign!
such huge responsibilities.

Purchase made, we went and took our spot so we could see the aircraft coming in, we were at the domestic terminal and it was surprisingly quiet.

We knew what time John and Hilary’s plane was due in and being a domestic flight from Alice Springs we thought with the weather being as it is at the moment (beautiful) there should be no reason why this aircraft would be late.

From the observation deck we watched the plane land and come toward the gate, no airbridge for our guests they would have to walk up the stairs to the arrivals hall.

Caroline was poised with our welcome notices, just in case our guests could not see through the crowd of all 2 of us.

We only had a short wait when John Benton strode through the sliding double doors, followed by Hilary, his wife then their friends Dawn and Jim Keeley.

It was great to see them, it has been a while, and once we welcomed them to Perth of course we had to take some obligatory snaps.

Wow it was great to see them, the last time I saw
Joe's To go!Joe's To go!Joe's To go!

Our English friends plane arrives
John and Hilary was when I was assisting in stripping their wall paper two years ago when I was in the UK on my own and previously Caroline and I saw them all when we were both there in 2012, when they took us to the Fantastic Blists Hill Victorian Town and Living museum, we covered this in a blog Quintessentially English.

Just to tell you how their trip came to being was when we skyped them one day last year and told them we were off to Tasmania for our wedding anniversary, and John and Hilary said they felt that they should come over and help celebrate our anniversary year even though their travel dates would not coincide exactly.

However you look at it, this was a big deal for us and a dig deal for them, they had all flown 16,000 Kilometers half way around the world to be here to see us and they would be our first visitors we have had from oversea’s and it would be obvious that we wanted to show case what an amazing country Australia is, they asked us if we would provide what we thought they should see so we
Joe's To go!Joe's To go!Joe's To go!

The huge arrivals hall
wanted a good mix, between spectacular cities like Sydney, with the Opera House and the Harbour Bridge and Alice Springs, with its ruggedness and charm followed by the amazing Uluru (Ayres Rock) then their final week with us.

We had gone to the airport with our car, Gill and Jack the Landcruiser as John had advised there was a lot of luggage so we could put a couple put passengers in the car and luggage in the truck.

The day was blisteringly hot, we loaded everyone into the car, John and I were in the Landcruiser and we all went back to the house sit in Forrestfield where we would be staying. I will just add at this point the nature of most Australian’s are most welcoming and these homeowners were no exception, they knew we had visitors coming and were very open to our visitors staying with us so that we could do the house sit.

We got home and decanted their luggage and were introduced to Flik the Beagle and Ricky the Rottweiler, both girls and both with a lovely temperament.

The order for the day was a little lunch and as the day
Joe's To go!Joe's To go!Joe's To go!

And our visitors burst through the door, welcome gently meander really!
had warmed to 38 degree’s I thought it would be sensible if we cooled our guests off with a dip in the pool which was a welcome relief to all of us.

I thought it a smart idea to take them to Fremantle it was going to be a gorgeous evening and a trip to Joe’s Fish shack is always great as their fish is a close to perfect as you can get and it’s an Icon of Fremantle Harbour, so when in town you have to go to Joe’s.

I called our friend Andy and asked if he and Karen would like to meet us at Joe’s for supper as we and our UK visitors would be doing o and thy said they would, so we agreed the time and we were on.

We took two cars in to Freo, us boys in one car and the girls in the other and when we got to Fremantle we just could not believe just how busy it was so had to end up parking in the multi-story carpark and not outside of Joes like we thought, and where we would normally park. I think the whole of
Joe's To go!Joe's To go!Joe's To go!

Our UK visitors, DawnJim, Hilary and John, in the arrivals hall at Perth Domestic Terminal
Australia were in Fremantle this evening, but you can understand it is a beautiful place to be on a summers evening.

The evening was really warm, our orders were placed at Joe’s to go, as we all wanted to sit outside overlooking the harbour, it was way too hot to sit inside and eat.

John and Jim had spied the Little Creatures Brewery next door and were chomping at the bit, but that visit would have to wait for another day.

After our supper we were invited back to Andy and Karen’s house for a night cap and we again sat outside in the warmth of the evening and were entertained by Andy and Karen’s dog Blister who wanted to sit on everyone’s lap, he is the cutest boy and has recently had his summer haircut and does look the cutest.

I could see Hilary’s eyes closing, it’s only fair as they had an early start this morning and with the hour and half time difference their day had been long, we thanked Andy and Karen and set off back to Forrestfield and collapsed into bed.

A hot night was upon us.


Joe's To go!Joe's To go!Joe's To go!

Joe's Fish Shack

KJ


Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement

Joe's To go!Joe's To go!
Joe's To go!

Eat at Joe's, that's what it tells you, so what are you waiting for !!
Joe's To go!Joe's To go!
Joe's To go!

Birds in the garden
Joe's To go!Joe's To go!
Joe's To go!

These are 28"s as called in Western Australia, also known as the Ring-necked Parrot and the Port Lincoln Parrot.
Joe's To go!Joe's To go!
Joe's To go!

All of us sitting outside at Joes Fish shack in Fremantle
Joe's To go!Joe's To go!
Joe's To go!

The harbour on an evening in Fremantle
Joe's To go!Joe's To go!
Joe's To go!

The harbour on an evening in Fremantle
Joe's To go!Joe's To go!
Joe's To go!

The harbour on an evening in Fremantle


Tot: 0.095s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0626s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb