Farewell to Trish & our trip to Margaret River


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Perth
April 9th 2013
Published: April 13th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Sent To Rehab!!!Sent To Rehab!!!Sent To Rehab!!!

We couldn't afford The Priory for her rehab!!
The week after Easter was Annie's little sis & the three neices's last few days on holiday in Perth before the long haul back to Ireland.

They had bought their last souveniers and caught some final rays on the beach... although there was still no danger of a tan for any of them apart from Lauren who had gone a darker shade of pink compared to the other two!

We spent their last day together on Fri 6th on Cottesloe beach and John & Andrea joined us later for a farewell drink and a bite to eat at the Cottesloe Beach Hotel.

This is a lovely spot, right on the beach and looking out over the Indian Ocean.

We'd stayed at this hotel in 2008 on our first visit to Perth and it was somewhere that was always special to us.
We'd been here many times since then but this particular evening was like nothing we'd ever seen before...
We sat in the bar watching the most amazing sunset ... we saw the sky change colour from blue to various shades of orange & red.
It turned out to be one of the most magnificent sunsets we
Good Friday at Mick and Ann's house.Good Friday at Mick and Ann's house.Good Friday at Mick and Ann's house.

He found a bottle of 'old fart' beer for me!
have ever seen.
The photo's hopefully show the amazing colours and the have not been enhanced or altered..... it was simply astounding! And, it was the perfect send off!



They had done just about everything that they had wanted to do, Penguin Island, Dolphin Cruise, City Shopping, experiencing the Oz outdoor BBQ evenings at Kings Park, lots of beautiful beaches, Yacht Sunset Sail, etc etc. The following day we headed en-mass to the airport... there was more than a few tears at the departure lounge as we all said our goodbye's. More difficult for John & Andrea as Ireland is more than a weekend away...We will be seeing Trish again at Charlotte's wedding in September so not too long to wait for us.

We waved farewell and then headed 3 hours south with John & Andrea where we had rented a villa for 3 nights at the Margaret River Resort. We arrived later that evening at a lovely two bedroom cabin which was clean and cosy and close to the town centre. It had a pool and tennis court (not that madam was interested in the sports facilities) The small town had a really laid back feel to it and is famous for its various vineyards!
The next morning we drove to the coast and watched the surfers riding enormous waves at a world famous surfers beach close to Margaret River.

The scenery was beautiful, natural, unspoilt and much greener and lush than Perth.

It was a lovely few days and we also drove down to Augusta for a pleasant Sunday lunch and to see the place where the Indian Ocean meets the Southern Ocean.

Annie's Hair;

The issue around Annie's hair should really be a blog entry of its own as it generates so much interest from everybody..... Only Kates' pregnancy overshadows the subject of Annie's hair!! And she spends so much time talking about it, cutting it, straightening it blah blah that I am now forced to make comment myself....

So, I am pleased to announce that The blonde 'Boris' look has gone and has been replaced by a more mature 'champagne' blonde!!! What do you think??

Anyway...... Back in Perth, John and Andrea very kindly opened their home to us once again & we said farewell to our cabin on our happy camp site. They had a
Blonde bombshell...Blonde bombshell...Blonde bombshell...

but for how long??
lot of work going on to keep them busy and Annie and I kept ourselves amused by sight seeing, visiting beaches and ... discussing her hair! It was a pretty quiet period and the weather during the last week has been fantastic .... usually in the high 30's but it even hit 40 degrees on one day. Not bad for their autumn!

We are now almost in our last week in Perth and the we fly over to Sydney for 8 days on 22nd April.


Additional photos below
Photos: 52, Displayed: 24


Advertisement

Trish's last nightTrish's last night
Trish's last night

The girls last night in Perth and a beautiful sunset.
Back homeBack home
Back home

And a final family photo on their last night.


Tot: 0.101s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0584s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb