45 days to go...


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Perth
July 29th 2009
Published: July 29th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Yup, its 45days untill the adventure begins again, on a smaller scale than the last one but still an adventure none of the less. This time I'll be travelling with my gorgeous boyfriend, starting in Las Vegas, moving on to a few days in Phoenix and Colarado, to the big Apple that is New York City, across the ocean to London, down the Eurostar to Antwerp and Brussels. And then the real adventure begins.

Russia.. 12nights in the magnificent cities that are St Petersburg and Moscow. The place and the idea of exploring it that really bonded Chris and I on our very first date. Its been at the top of both of our lists of places to visit for a long time but neither were keen on the idea of doing it alone. So maybe it was fate 😉

It started with talks of the Trans-Siberian railway, catching a train from Moscow- Vladivostock for a minimum of 9days, taking that and stretching it out to a 3week trip. Much discussion over the months that followed led to other places and cities being thrown into the equation before finally deciding on a mini around the world trip, stopping off in many places and leaving Russia, the highlight of the trip to last, as we'd both decided to get a glimpse of the country before commiting to spending 3weeks on a train travelling through it, dispute how fantastic this would've been.

Starting the adventure in Vegas will be incredible and the more I learn about the place, the more excited I get to the point where this is the place Im most looking forward to seeing. Almost.

Getting into Russia has in itself, been an adventure, from having to get invitation letters before we get our visas, to having to get a new passport myself, all in all took about 3weeks and made the experience all that more real.

45 days to go....

Advertisement



9th September 2009

Happy holidays
Wishing you both happy holidays. Exciting places to visit, heaps of photos I am sure, adventures abound. Stay safe. Love Mum and Dad Toby and Princess Oma

Tot: 0.104s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0805s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb