Sunshine in Perth


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Perth
June 25th 2009
Published: June 25th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Footsteps in TimeFootsteps in TimeFootsteps in Time

These sculptures depicted businessmen through the ages - the latest of course has a mobile phone against his ear!
After two very wet days, when we drove around the city and the beaches - usually beautiful with torquoise water and the whitest sand but in the rain just plain dreary - and spent a fair bit of a time at a shopping centre to save from doing each other harm !!, we were very pleased to see the sun today.

We had to leave the motor home at the Fiat dealer to get all sorts of bits and pieces done so had an early start getting there, and from there we were driven to the local station to get the train into the city. We were very impressed with the trains - clean, no graffiti, fast and comfortable.

We did a fair bit of walking around, in and out shops and arcades and went through the art gallery - there was a wonderful exhibition by year 12 students that was just fabulous.

We were getting a bit tired so found that the city busses were free and there were three routes we could take. So, being the big spenders that we are, we did all three - while commuters were hopping on and off, we did the
The bell towerThe bell towerThe bell tower

This was on the waterfront and called 'the bell tower'. Perth calls itself 'the carillion city' so maybe the carillion is in this tower.
whole route of each, getting a good look at the city and saving our poor legs. Our favourite was one that went down to the Swan River and gave us a good look at the waterfront buildings.

Eventually we decided it was time to get back to the mechanics and caught a train back, phoning them to pick us up at the station as they requested. We had a wait till they finished but at least we were sitting down! We feel we got a good look at Perth - tomorrow we press north once more.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

and there's a wheeland there's a wheel
and there's a wheel

not quite as big as London's
Outside the Art GalleryOutside the Art Gallery
Outside the Art Gallery

Looks more like The Shout than the Scream - I didn't see what it was called
The London ArcadeThe London Arcade
The London Arcade

I'd forgotten about this old arcade so was very pleased when we stumbled upon it - and had lunch at a little shop inside, in fact.


Tot: 0.041s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0249s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb