The Land DownUnder - OZ - WA


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Perth
October 27th 2008
Published: October 27th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hello everyone,

We have arrived in OZ and its great, we landed in Perth, coming from the heat and humidity to freezing cold, wet and windy Perth! Not good when you only have shorts and vest tops to wear out, but gave me a good reason to hit the city with Leah and get a top and shoes, so we could go out that night.

Warren and Leah (friends from home) moved out here back in Feb, and have now got a 4year sponsor, which is great news - CONGRATS!, they picked us up from the airport nice and early and we went back to their apartment.

We had a mad night out to the bars near their place, it was a very druken evening, and poor Leah had to get up for work the next morning.

The next morning Warren took us to the harbour for some hangover food, Perth is much smaller than we thought, but really nice. We stayed with Warren and Leah for 2nights then collected our little van for 3months!

Thanks Leah and Warren!

We got our van and headed North to a small town called Guilderton (Moore River), stayed here one night, the beach was really nice and clear but even though it was warmer than Perth it was still chilly. We had an early start and got to a place called Geraldton (Sunset beach), again stayed here for one night.

We went to a place called Denham (Most westernly town in OZ) and it was lovely, the waters were so clear and it was hot, yipeee!, we stayed here 2nights and we made a day trip to a place called Monkey Mia to see the Dolphins up close and personal, they come right up to your feet and the rangers feed the female dolphins, it was so nice to see and they are really sweet. We did a walk afterwards and saw a small sea snake (headless), lots of spiders and Pelicans.

Next was a place called Coral Bay and again this water was heaven, cold but so clear and fish and sting rays swimming around your feet.

Again we hit the tarmac and arrived ina town called Exmouth and we went Whale Watching, saw a few but from a distance, but it was amazing to see them and hear the splashing water when they breathe. We visited a lighthouse and inthe distance we could see Whales. We took a walk along the beach and noticed something floating inthe water, it was mating Green Turtles, they take ages, we gave up waiting for them to come up for air, but she had 2 more inwaiting!

Spent a night in Roebourne, strange place but the hottest so far, it reached 42 with no wind!

Up early again and we stopped at a place called 80 Mile Beach, we were only going to stay one night but we stayed two to relax, it was lovely, our neighbours went out fishing from the beach and caught lots of salmon and kindly gave us a couple and it was quite tasty!

Broome - was the next port of call, we visited the famous Cable beach, the Lonely Plant says its the best beach inthe world, but to be honest we have seen better along the way! We had ensuite loo and shower we went posh! We went to a bar, and it was def a lads bar, girls in Bikinis and not alot else! As the sun went down, we saw an amasing sight, fruit bats (100's of them) came out from the mangrove across town.

We had to stay ina place called Fitzroy Crossing (arrived inthe dark), so nothing to tell on that place! but onthe way there, we went to a place called Derby to refuel and shop, but we thought we would take a road called the Gibbs River Road (Gravel Road) we went along for about 1.5hrs and changed our minds the poor van sounded alittle dodgy, so we headed back to Derby then carried on to F.Crossing.

Kununurra - nice little town, quite sleepy, we just stayed around the pool here and meet a nice couple from NZ, 39 degress during the day, i got up at 0630 and it was already 29degrees!


Additional photos below
Photos: 116, Displayed: 24


Advertisement

Ham, salad and JacketHam, salad and Jacket
Ham, salad and Jacket

oh and the wine!!
Stu driving our houseStu driving our house
Stu driving our house

We have named her "Princess", or should i say I have named her!
UsUs
Us

We were waiting for the StairCase to the Moon, but it didnt really happen, too cloudy


Tot: 0.043s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.024s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb