Perth (15-31 August)


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Perth
September 23rd 2008
Published: September 23rd 2008
Edit Blog Post

We spent just over two weeks in Perth, catching up with family and friends as well as on some home school. It was great relaxing in a house again and having Mark's mum and dad ('Oma' and 'Opa') pampering the kids (and us) with yummy dinners, etc. It also gave Mark, with his dad's help, a chance to make up a couple of brackets to hold the shovel and ladder to the roof rack. Mark also made a visit to his work's Perth office where he caught up with some ex-Darwinites while Alex and the kids wandered around town.

Mark took Thomas to an AFL game at Subiaco while Alex and Annelies went to the flicks. We also visited King's Park and made a visit to Fremantle and visited the art gallery and maritime shipwreck gallery as well as doing a tour of the old prison, which included a visit to the gallows.

While in Perth, friends from our days in Fiji offered their house to us for 3 weeks from late September while they went on holidays to Fiji and Sydney, so, rather than continuing on our trip, we decided to make a trip down south for a couple of weeks before coming back to Perth to take up this offer. It means we won't be leaving Perth until a little later than originally planned but this was an offer that meant we could spend more time with family and friends in Perth.

We also made the decision to hire a camper trailer for our trip down south, which would give us a chance to see if it made camping much easier. If so, we might purchase one when back in Perth.



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.097s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0613s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb