Travel Day #2


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Perth
April 19th 2008
Published: April 21st 2008
Edit Blog Post

Saturday 19th April 2008,
We hated to leave the island but it was time to go. Roberta fixed a great breakfast, we packed up and headed for the ferry terminal. To make it harder, the weather had finally cleared and it was nicer than it had been all week and when we got to the mainland terminal, the dive boat we had hoped to go out on the day before was gone.

We put that behind us and drove up to the top of Castle Hill. The view was BIG to put it lightly. After taking it in for a while, we headed for the airport but decided to drive around town on the way. We got a little lost but once we figured out where we were, we made our way to the airport, turned in the car, got our tickets and breezed through security (we were the only ones in line). The trip to Brisbane was fast leaving us four hours to wait in the airport for our plain to Perth.

We slept most of the flight to Perth. We de-planed using the roll-up stairway which was a different experience….especially from a 767. Keith and Anne were at the window waving to get our attention. They were a great sight to behold after wanting to come here for so long. We caught up a little on the ride back to their home. Again, sleep was very much welcomed.



Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.099s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0775s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb