Deano!!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Perth
October 26th 2005
Published: October 27th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Went to another Perth Glory game on the weekend, and deano finally managed to chip in with a goal. He was brought on after 15 mins becasue the striker on the pitch couldnt get his wedding ring off and had to be subbed. However, even though deano scored, he was then taken off again at half time, much to my dissapointment!

Anyway, i went to the Royal Perth Show, its a bit like the kirkstall Festival, but not pathetically small, and then we were too skint to go out so got some dvd's in. We watched the local hero, which was absolutely absymal, literally nothing happened in it at all. Then the Plank, which was a Tommy Cooper film, about this piece of wood that gets nicked and they chase it around. Yeah, i wasnt impressed either.

Then we all thought summer had arrived on sunday, it was about 29 degrees so we went down the beach. I went in the ocean did a bit of body boarding, but then got freaked out by all the shark sightings recently and promptly took refuge back on the beach. Pretty sure i saw oli finerty in the sea as well, not sure though. Would make sense though becasue Ireland were playing Aus in a game of Gaelic footy in perth, which the aussies duly won. Went down to the WACA as well, which is the cricket ground in perth and went on a tour which was pretty good, although you have to like cricket to enjoy it.

I went exploring down in Fremantle (freo) which is just a little bit sotuh of perth and right in the coast. Its a port really, and i went on a tour of the prison which was quite horrific. It only closed like 20 years ago, so it was quite eerie, espeically the hanging room. And all the tour books rave about the maritime museum, but it was pretty average. Good job it was cheap to get in. Although i did embarras myself on this yachting expeiment. You turn this metal thing which i guess is how you turn the sails into the wind or something. Anyway, it was easy when set to light breeze, but then as soon as we switched it to moderate winds, i couldnt even move it. Dunno how they cope when it gale force winds. Prison was much better. Although the fish and chips were awesome, apart from the flock of about seagulls who were also trying to get my lunch.

How scary are aboringinals?? Very is the answer. They are all drunk as a skunk all the time. I had the misfortune of sitting next to one on the train home the other day. He started beating his backpack for some reason, then broke down in tears. I was well scared. Thought he was going to hit me with his didgeredoo at one point.

Anyway, that should do for now, i havnt really been doing much apart from working, although my tennis racket broke so im having to get a new one. Its hard to be a tennis coach without a racket.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.047s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0285s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb