Welcome To Perth


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Perth
September 27th 2005
Published: September 27th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Despite pressure from Mum to start my travel blog before i left home, I managed to wait until i was actually on my travells before starting it. I tried to get into the BMI lounge but they politely told ne where to go, which was a sahme becasue i heard Lee Sharpe was in there.

When i finally got on the plane, Sharyl Crow was blaring out over the speakers, and as Yad will know, can only be a good thing. We flew right over the new Webley which looks absolutely epic, and also the Brentfird stadium i think. It had "Fly Qatar" all over the roof of it, which i thought was quite funny (you will probably find a football theme to this entry, which is nothing new for me). You would think that the people at Heathrow would make it a bit easier to get between terminals really. Not only did i ride up and down the same lift about 6 times (which is quite an effort considering that it was only 3 levels high) but i couldnt distinguish between the train to terminal 4 and the train to London Kings Cross. So i took potluck and luckily guessed right. I would have been spenind a year in London City Centre if i had got it wrong. So once id managed to find my way to the terminal, i got chosen by this sikh fella for a full body X-ray at customs. He is more likely to blow up the plane than a 19 year old white gap year student to be fair to me. Tad racist but true - as i later found out. We were delayed for an hour while we kicked off some dodgy looking passengers.

I have taken a grand total of 2 photos so far, the first was of the England football team's plane which i was dead impressed about. They wernt the only national sports team i saw though, i was flying with the Turks and Caicos National Darts team. It was epic i tell you. They were on a wolrd tour. Something that wasnt epic was the stupid woman next to me who must have had bladder problems. She went to the toilet more times than ive had hot dinners. Not to mention the can of coke she spilt over herself and me roughly over northern france, which isnt very far really on a flight to Aus. It was becasue she had chubby fat fingers i bet. Tehn we landed in Singapore. You are from Scotland? No singapore. Classic Dom. Anyway i was unaware if this stop so was quite confused.

So anyway i arrived in Perth finally and it was blazing hot and sunny, absolutely awesome. It was like that all weekend which was cool. We went to the beach as well on saturday at a place called Scarborough, nicer than our scarborugh i can tell you that for free. Need to learn to surf now. We went to the cinema as well to see dukes of hazzard. Best bit was where this guy sitting in front of us went to get up, but for some odd reason he had these big huge slippers on, i think they were Yogi Bear, but he tripped and fell down the stairs face first, Not sure if he did it on purpose but he got a round of applause. I was in hysterics as you can imagine.
Oh and it was the aussie rules grand final on sat, and the perth team got there so we all watched it. Its like a million times bigger than our FA Cup final, but they lost by a single goal so everyone was pretty down.

Well that pretty much brings me up to right now, and its freezing today. I told you mum i should have brought more hoodies, ive got to go buy one now! Oh and we're going fishing on friday so that should be good!

So thats all for now!



Advertisement



Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 40; dbt: 0.0348s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb