KL to Perth


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Perth
October 6th 2007
Published: October 6th 2007
Edit Blog Post


Saturday 6th October 2007
Really enjoyed Kuala Lumpur, but it was very hot and sticky. The Petronas Towers, which are the highlight of the city, were very impressive, even though we’ve seen loads of tall buildings. It would be easy to say KL is just another Asian city, yet it has a very different feel to either Bangkok or Singapore. After sleeping for nearly 12 hours on the first night - catching up from a nearly sleepless night on the plane - we went to the Botanical Gardens on our second day there, to the Bird Park and the Orchid Park. Both were impressive, but lunch in the Bird Park was given the edge by having the hornbills and mynah birds come and help us eat our chips!

The weather in Perth is much more comfortable, verging on the cool in the evening (you need a jersey). However, it is bright sunshine in the day and like a perfect English summer day. Really, really like Perth - small (for a city), friendly, great food. Been out to Freemantle today and enjoyed our day but not overwhelmed by Freemantle. Glad we didn’t choose to stay there, South Perth, where Rob recommended is great - only a short ferry ride across the river from Perth but much quieter of an evening and some great restaurants + spectacular views of the Perth skyline.




Advertisement



Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0424s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb