Perth and Margaret River , Feb 2007


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Perth
May 7th 2007
Published: May 7th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Chinese New Year...and the first holidays for Leslie in a while. Funny, as it was also my last holidays with Laetitia.

We started with a small stop 2 days in Bangkok....great for shopping...

Last time I went to Perth was back in May 2002, not much did change, still a wonderful place where I wouldn't mind to live one day.

On the program, golf...golf..wine...wine and obviously a lot of nice food.

We did it in the usual way...with some kind of style, by first starting to rent a convertible...and yes Leslie was more than happy and exited...an happy Leslie...is a great holiday!

So on the program, 3 nights in Perth and 2 night in Margaret River and one night in Burnbury as well as one night in Swan Valley.

First a list of the golf you must do...best of all...and completely crazy, like the stuff you get on calendar...Joondalup...especially the 9 holes called the quary...you play in A quary...amazing experience, specially at sunset with the kangaroos running around. Next few stops you have to do is the Vines in Swan Valley...nobody has heard of the Swan Valley wine...you can guess why, but the 36 holes are amazing.

We also played Meadow Springs, Sanctuary, Secret Garden, Araluen...as well as the very local Margaret River golf Club.

Being with Leslie...he was not going to run with us 18 holes every day, so buggy was the only way around...let's say he took it as a true safari between kangaroos...

The few days in Margaret River were astonashing. We stayed at Cape Lodge...we didn't told them Leslie was coming...and I think they didn't expect a kid...so if you want to go with the family...be warned...

Breakfast each day was amazing in the restaurant next to a beautiful small lake...with our usual Egg Benedictine with Smoke salmon.

For the wine, wonderful stops all over the place, but be ready to drive...this is not the Hunter Valley and it's way bigger with some distance between each winery. We had some nice stops at Evans& Tate, Cape Mentelle, Vasse Felix, Pierro,...


And finally the beach...in February...it's so quiet...so amazingly calm and tranquil in the Maragaret River....but the water is freezing cold. Leslie didn't care...he just loved chasing the seagulls.




Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.046s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0271s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb