Let's see what Freo has to offer.


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Perth
June 26th 2005
Published: January 26th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Karen Bonnie and SarahKaren Bonnie and SarahKaren Bonnie and Sarah

Enjoying the day in sunny Fremantle.
Met up with Karen
Eggs Benedict are yummy
Good laughs all around.

Sarah and I drove out to Fremantle to meet up with Karen on “Cappucino Avenue”. Tons of cafes and restaurants line the streets. The restaurant where we met Karen was pretty busy so we crossed the street and went over to Benny’s another busy place but we were able to get a table easily.

We chatted, we ate, we wandered. We also did a bit of a walk around the shops and the markets. I didn’t buy too much - a couple of cards - just did a lot of browsing. We had a little fun in the $2 store in the kids section to see what I could pick up as a gift for Adam. There were these planes (three of them) for $2, a small car to put together, juggling balls, bubbles, and stuff like that but we didn’t end up getting anything…too much choice!

We eventually finished browsing and went towards the water where we could see the boats and other watercraft floating around. We stopped at a brewery called “Little Creatures”. It used to house a crocodile farm and had a nice open atmosphere. It was super busy so we put our name down and received a hat with a name on it…”Twinkle Toes.” It was potentially going to be a 30 minute wait so Karen ordered a beer and Sarah and I Cokes. Just like in Vietnam - us watching Karen have a beer. Lol

It started to get pretty sunny so we decided to move on since we didn’t want to order any food from there anyway. It was a bit too pricey for my blood. Besides, I wasn’t really that hungry to be eating again.

Next stop was to Cottleshead (can’t remember the name) Beach. Really nice beach but we didn’t stop for a walk. Instead we just did a drive by and off to Karen’s for a bit. Nice place she is sharing with a couple of housemates.

Sarah and I eventually made it back home in time for a nice walk down to the beach. It is less than a 10 minute walk from Sarah’s house to the beach. We missed sunset but it was a nice orange sky to look at anyway. We walked along the beach towards the jetty that was filled with people fishing.

By the time we made it back from our walk I was getting pretty famished and left over lamb was oh so delish! We also had a yummy dessert of fruit, custard and egg tart. Mmm! Yup, I think I’m slightly food obsessed. 😊

At the dinner table Sarah had a sudden flashback to making chocolate nougat. A childhood favourite and from what I saw, super easy to make. Sarah did all of the work under Sharifa's supervision while Adam and I had fun with our digital cameras and made several movie clips. Good times! I can't wait to try the chocolate nougat tomorrow!

We spent a quiet night in watching 60 minutes. There were a few interesting stories. 1) King Tut. They have discovered that he died at the age of 19 of an infection caused by a broken leg. 2) Interview with Nicole Kidman. 3) Story on the POW’s of Borneo.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.192s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.1246s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb