Pre cricket build up


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Perth » Victoria Park
December 7th 2006
Published: December 22nd 2006
Edit Blog Post

On the Monday, having not long been in Perth, but acquainted themselves well with the route from the city centre to home, the guys headed into the city once more, this time by bus! With the nice, new, flashy camera deciding to pack in on the Sunday night, they wanted to try and get it fixed asap. Tried a camera shop, who tried a new battery but to no avail. The guy in there did recommend another place though where the bloke fixed cameras. So, it was on to there as it wasn't too far away. However, there wasn't much he could do either. He said he could have a go and try and fix it, but if it didn't work still then the warranty was invalid. In the end it was decided not to get it fixed but use single use cameras until we could get the camera to Canons headquarters. Having rung up the HQ in Perth, they said there wasn't anything they could do, but to take it to the one in Melbourne when you get there. A real pain in the backside!

Ended up doing a little bit of shopping, sandals (Or thongs as they are known here) being at the top of most peoples shopping lists. Ended the day shopping how they normally do, with a beer in a bar watching the world go by. From there they caught the bus, wandered up to Woolworths (more a supermarket) and purchased some food to take back and cook. Kept it simple as it was first go trying out the gas barbeque.

In the evening the boys made their way to the Deen. Apparently it is the only place to go on a Monday night in the city centre. The place was alright, though music wasn't too great to begin with. That changed when a band came on to play. To try and get the crowd going they thought they would do a chanting competition. One Englishman and One Aussie took to the stage. It didn't take too long for the band to realise that the place was full of Brits! The English won the competition with ease, and carried on their celebrations right the way through the bands set; stopping only to sing 500 miles! Did eventually leave the place at some early hour but as is tradition, walked it back to the house, a trip which took at least an hour.

The Tuesday, as had also become tradition after a heavy night out, they hit the beach! This time heading to the next best recommendation which was Scarborough. Bussed it there, which took about half an hour. Nice enough place, quite a few people on the beach, but never got the chance to venture much further than there. Headed home, via the supermarket again to purchase more adventurous goods following the success of the previous nights BBQ. Out came the chicken pieces, spicy sausages and even jacket potatoes! All tired after the previous night so never ventured too far, deciding instead to stay in and play Pro Evo.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.111s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0449s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb