The BIG trip begins at last


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Perth » Stirling
October 14th 2010
Published: October 14th 2010
Edit Blog Post

We have arrived! Lachlan, Xavier and Catherine flew into Perth yesterday arriving an hour later than expected but without any hassles.
Our first day in Perth - we drove into Perth and had a look around the centre of the city - remarkably similar to Brisbane with Malls and pretty casually dressed people. We visited the WA gallery where we saw a visiting exhibition from the Peggy Guggenheim collection, which for the first time has made its way to the southern hemisphere. Her collection included lots of surrealist works, Picasso, Kandinsky, Jackson Pollock etc. Pretty interesting but perhaps more importantly was the permanent aboriginal art collection - pretty amazing. We then caught a free bus over to Kings Park and walked and walked. The wild flowers are in bloom and the garden is probably at its best in spring. The Kangaroo Paws and wax flowers, everlasting daisies are beautiful when massed together. The park has a great view of the city which, situated on the river is quite stunning. There didn't seem to be much activity on the water which made the kids think it reminded them of Canberra but it seems all the sailing boats were moored to the west of the city. How could they have won the " America's Cup"? No one is sailing. We then went back into the city and drove out to Cottesloe beach, beautiful emerald greens and blues but freezing. Thank goodness for the New England boys we have as water is never too cold for them. They swam and swam and have had a great afternoon. Now back at the caravan park the kids have wandered off on their scooters to check out the pool and spa and see what else is going on in Karrinyup Lake resort. We are having a great day. Sitting back watching the swans and now having a beer.


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement

The swansThe swans
The swans

Woke to the swans and their cygnets this morning honking at the front door.


Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0582s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb