4 April 2012


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Perth » Perth Hills
April 4th 2012
Published: April 8th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Just off the main street in York is a swing bridge across the local river and we walked over and back and took in the morning views.

The main street itself is something to behold. In the end it was arguably the most enjoyable couple of hours spent on this journey.

Only an hour out of Perth this is a local tourist spot that enjoys the weekend crowds similar to Hahndorf. The town has done everything right to retain the heritage and architecture of the buildings and shop fronts from yesteryear; however, some of the quirky little shops and stores are what make the place unique.

Filled with various shops, cafes and two hotels there is plenty to look at along the way. There were some intruiging antique stores and we also spent some cash in the local op shop.......the owner gave us free chocolate for Easter so that is always a good business initiative. Our other favourite shops were the Penny Farthing Sweets store and Jules Cafe. The latter produced some of the best coffee and pies going around.

After lunch we moved back down through the hills and back to Forrestfield to stay at the Discovery Holiday Park for the night. The place was not as busy as last time but that suited us especially when we had the pool to ourselves in the afternoon. The weather was starting to get very grey again but we pushed ahead and went for a run just before tea. We hadn't been since Sunday morning and I can't say my motivation levels were all that high but I made it.......just.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0526s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb