Here we go again...


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Perth » Perth City
December 20th 2012
Published: December 20th 2012
Edit Blog Post

G'day! We arrived on time last week to a sunny Perth - 30deg. All things considered the flight wasn't too bad except for the first leg to Singapore when a 2-year-old girl in our cabin decided to sign up to the Frequent Cryer programme; I don't think she stopped for more than half an hour during the flight. By the time we landed in Singapore her poor parents looked as though they had spent two weeks in the jungle with Nadine Dorries.

Jon and Jade met us at the airport having spent the last week driving across from New South Wales. Crossing the Nullarbor alone was 2000 miles. Distances take on a whole new meaning in Australia.

So we spent the first few days just chilling; took the bus into Perth City where I had my first pint of Oz beer. Just before we set off for Rockingham we had an afternoon at Scarborough beach where Jon and I had a go at bodysurfing. The only thing Scarborough, WA has with it's Yorkshire namesake is that the sea was quite rough with a 2-3 metre swell pushed up by a stiff breeze. The pictures don't do it justice, I was glad to sea that the beach had plenty of lifeguards and a shark patrol helicopter.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



20th December 2012

Here we go again
Hi guys! Sounds like you are having an amazing time! Have a wonderful Christmas & New Year! Love Chris & Neil XX
22nd December 2012

Deck the Halls with Holly!
Hi to you all, fantastic start eh... first of the day beer and then the beach! Somebody's got it right! Just finishing off the last minute Xmas shopping here ... and then off to sample the delights of Bath for the 'Speculation' Xmas Dinner at Rugby today, think the pitch might be waterlogged. Have you got your decs up??
22nd December 2012

gday
You could make an album of all your 'first of the day' pics! Beach looks nice. x
23rd December 2012

ah, Pugwash, there you are.
Enjoy it my man. For some bizarre reason we have forsaken 25c in Spain for your god awful weather in York!!!
4th January 2013

down under..
happy new year to you all.... i will be in Sydney from the 9th feb for a few days... if you are on walk about anywhere near 'Darling Harbour' let me know.. i am not too sure of your detailed plans once you leave the west.... i will be talking H to Antigua next friday her birthday... i bit of a surprise for her this morning... k
17th January 2013

travel plans
Hi Kevin, we fly out to NZ on the 1st Feb so shame we can't meet up. Trip to Antigua sounds great; get away from a Bath winter - eh? Bar fell over in the bush last weekend and fractured a small bone in her ankle. Hospital very good and arranged for her to have an adjustable ankle brace fitted so she can fly. We are trying to get her to take it easy for a week or so whilst we are in Freemantle.

Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 6; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0349s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb