5 - 9 April 2012


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Perth » Perth City
April 9th 2012
Published: April 11th 2012
Edit Blog Post

On Thursday we got up very early to tackle the early morning peak hour traffic and made it over to the northern side of Perth. A week earlier we finalised another house sit over Easter which we were stoked about mainly not to have to endure the extra long weekend madness in a caravan park.

The house was in a suburb near Leederville which is just an awesome location only 10 minutes out of Perth. It is a booming area that would leave us pennyless if we wanted to buy a home here. The two dogs we looked after were keepers, an older dalmation and a younger staffy.

A part from a cool and grey start to Thursday the weather was just spot on. Blue skys, sunshine and the temperature was up around 30 for the entire long weekend. Everyday we took the dogs on a 4km loop around nearby Lake Monger which is a large urban wetland with plenty of bird-life. The path was packed everyday with walkers, runners and cyclists and was just a superb spot in the middle of suburbia. For those not feeling so energetic it was also a cracking spot for a picnic or taking advantage of the local ice-cream van who set up shop there.

Oxford Street in Leederville was the local strip and was filled with cafes, restaurants, bars, independent book and music stores and last but not least a great ice-cream shop which well and truly made a decent profit out of us. We ate at a magnificent Malaysian restaurant for dinner on the Saturday night. There was a sensational gourmet hot dog shop that had just opened so I cashed in with a venison hot dog for lunch one day and we also hit up the local kebab shop.

All in all a great Easter and we were definitely not ready to move on when the owner returned on Monday but it had to come to an end at some stage.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.148s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 52; dbt: 0.1081s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb