Day 32


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Perth » Perth City
May 24th 2010
Published: May 24th 2010
Edit Blog Post

When were back home again and looking back Today will be one of the days that will be one of the first that springs to mind. A perfect day.

Having booked a hotel that was just 0.5km from the start of the run at the WACA to minimise travel stress in the morning . Philip manages to get lost on route this despite the fact the WACA has massive floodlights is next to the river and virtual impossible to lose from the locations we are in.

After franticly charging round we find ourself a local and we have managed to walk about half mile the wrong way! we managed to get back at the start line at 7.29am for the 7.30 time we are supposed to arrive.

The weather is raining and windy but the run goes very smooth even the bridges don’t cause to much hassle other than the panic of getting the right song on the mp3 as we approach the first bridge Jilted john kicks in ” I was so upset that I cried all the way to chip shop" Philip wishes. Next bridge The Smiths ” If a double Decker bus crashes in to us.." I hope not! skip to Night swimming by rem noooooooooo not helpfully at all.

The run in to the stadium with everyone cheering is amazing and Jason, Jayne and Louis are waiting for us at the end.Philip describes as the best debut performance by an Englishman at the WACA since Monty Panesar took 5 for 92 in his first ashes game.

Recover is spa and sauna and a family roast and wine at Bobby's God parents Johanne and Terry.

Then we get to see Bobby on skpe for the first time since we left England five weeks ago, not sure who is more excited! I know who is more emotional that would be Philip, although he claims they air conditioning must faulty that what causing his eyes to leek.

By the time we stumble home after several large wines it may be our latest night out on this trip. Tired and emotional wreck we crawl into bed .

The support we have received despite being so far from home never fails to move us and we cant thank everyone enough.

Our Page






Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.052s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0228s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb