WA Border to Perth


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Perth » Perth City
July 14th 2008
Published: July 14th 2008
Edit Blog Post

A quick hello from WA!
The brochures say WA has the best beaches in Australia….and its hard to argue from what weve seen so far! Esperance was our first taste of the West Australian coast and the colour of the water is amazing, its hard to imagine a more beautiful piece of coast line. A trip to the nearby National Park Cape Le Grand marked our luckiest day of the trip so far, whilst wandering around on some rocks on the oceans edge a whale appeared and frolicked only about 10m from where we stood, it was awesome!

From Esperance to Albany. More bad weather was in store! But the eating continued, with us finding the local farmers markets with plenty of fresh local mussels and whole snapper up for grabs. Then it was onto Margaret River….and lots of wine! Margaret River is a great place, very touristy, but has a good mix of beaches, caves to check out and of course the wine! We did a cave tour to try and work off some of our extra kilos but it was all undone with a wine tour the next day!

From Margaret River, it was off to Perth to catch up with a few people, and you guessed it more food!
From here we are heading north up the WA coast. Hopefully we will be back in our thongs and shorts soon!
Karissa and Scott



Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.051s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0292s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb