Travel Blog 18 to 24 August(Perth to Pemberton)


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Pemberton
August 24th 2008
Published: August 24th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Happy to say we are on the road again and have got down to the south west corner of WA.We collected the car on Tues. but then needed to get some work done on the van in Perth on Wed.(long story) so eventually headed south on Thurs.The layover with John and Sue was a great chance to catch up, see the changes in Mandurah and relax a little from travel.Now we have 4 weeks to get ourselves across the south to Melb.The Nullabor Plains loom as the next big challenge.But first we are enjoying the scenic south west with rugged coasts,huge karri forests and wildflowers which are evident along the roadside.We have been able to do some good walks and had a great day at Cape Leeuwin on Sat.We had a guided lighthouse tour-the tallest in Australia.From the top we looked out and thru binocs saw whales some distance out which was exciting.The weather was dead calm which was unusual-the average wind speed there is 45kph.Tomorrow we take a train ride and then go down to Windy Harbour.After that on Wed we head to Albany.Happy birthday to Alexine this week.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 32; dbt: 0.0275s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb