.


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Monkey Mia
July 28th 2016
Published: June 13th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: -25.7976, 113.691

Up early this morning because the dolphins visit the shore around 07:00 by which time a large crowd of people are already listening to the days briefing from the ranger, after which it's down to the water's edge and wait for the dolphins to come in close to be fed. It's changed a lot since the last time we were here, now they feed them 3 times during the morning but they get far fewer fish and the crowd aren't allowed into the water unless they're lucky enough to be chosen to feed the dolphins thereby reducing the amount of physical contact.

How lucky are Jacob & Sophie, once again they were selected and so entered the shallow waters to feed the dolphins, that's another tick off their wish list so far so good. The rest of the day was spent leisurely with the kids they were either getting up close with the pelicans. playing on the beach or relaxing in the open air hot tub with a friend they'd made. I spotted a turtle swimming lazily by and Shell spotted a shark further out.

In the evening we spent a pleasant couple of hours in the bar chilling and watching the magnificent sunset develop.


Additional photos below
Photos: 29, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.133s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 12; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0432s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb