Monkey Mia


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Monkey Mia
December 9th 2008
Published: December 19th 2008
Edit Blog Post

The evening sail...The evening sail...The evening sail...

Chris helping out hoisting the mast!
Today we went to see the 2nd and 3rd feed of the dolphins as it is our last day here, ther are so lovely to watch! the babies were playing around and catching the small fish!
The dolphins that come into this bay are Indo-Pacific bottlenosed dolphins and they grow speckles on the tummies the older they get! They are half the size of the traditional bottle nosed dolphin.
Spent the rest of the morning sunbathing and watching the dolphins play...
At 17.45 we went to the pier to go on the evening cruise on the catamaran. Saw a big turtle in the bay! It's an hour and a half long and at certain times of year the trip is to watch the sun go down but it was too early being the summer time so we just had a ride around the bay.. could take on drinks and nibbles - it was really relaxing - can't believe i'm saying that!! he he !!
Met a really nice couple who were on their honeymoon from the UK... then got back, had a quiet evening as early rise the next day...


Additional photos below
Photos: 2, Displayed: 2


Advertisement



Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0454s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb