Monkey Mia Welcome Committee


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Monkey Mia
February 1st 2008
Published: February 1st 2008
Edit Blog Post

We had a full day in Perth on Thursday and we decided to go a bit on the wild side and do nothing! We found King's Park, a park with a very long history in these parts, and took a nap. It was hot...it was sunny...it seemed like the right thing to do. They have a very cool bus system in the central part of the city, it's free for certain routes. So after our nap we had a mini tour ride, then found a movie and looked back on time well spent. This morning was a little different. It was time to go to Monkey Mia and spend some time swimming in the Indian Ocean with the dolphins. We arrived in the afternoon to some heat quite reminicient to the rock, sans flies! We did a tour of the resort facilities, then got our cosy's on hit the water. For those of you that do not know how much I hate the ocean swim thing...I have found an ocean that works for me. I first discovered the Indian Ocean in the Maldives, like bathwater, and today was no different. As we were floating around, we noticed some commotion on the beach and people slowly moving in our direction. Smarter people would have left the water by now, but since neither of us ever finished universtity, we just kept swimming. Finally the crowd was on the beach behind us, and the fin out of the water was in front of us. And that was our welcoming committee, a very cool bottlenose swimming within 30cm of yours truly...very cool (Penny was safely watching from a distance...making sure I was between her and whatever was in the water...I am sure she would have pushed me if she had the chance...hehe). Tomorrow we go to see them on the beach in the early morning..hopefully we can put these ones in our camera. One last thing Penny reminded me of...as we went to eat today, a famiy of 8 Emu were walking through the resort, doing their thing. Wild place we are at!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.02s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0388s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb