Wine Tasting


Advertisement
Published: May 6th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Sorry about the lack of updates lately, we were having a few internet issues and then got busy, but here it is...

Since we were in the region and Brett was now drinking (and actually enjoying) wine, we decided to go on one of the bus tours that take you to several different wineries. We ended up calling Bushtucker Tours at 10am to book one, and the guy said "No worries, will be there to pick you up at 10:10!". So that gave us 10 minutes to get ready, eat brekky (since we didn't want to go at it with an empty stomach!) and be on our way. We were the first of 20 people to be picked up and we were at our first winery just before 11am. We went to 4 different wineries which were mostly the smaller, less commercial ones (Churchill, Adinfern, Knotting Hill and can't remember the name of the 4th) and also a Port and Liqour place, the Margaret River Cheese Company and The Margaret River Chocolate Factory and then ended the day at The Colonial Brewery.

We had a fun group of people on the bus and our driver Silvanio was awesome. He knew a tonne about the area and wine, could remember every single persons name and prepared a delicious lunch for us at one of the wineries. It was all local and indigenous produce and meats and was really good. We did avoid the kangaroo, just can't do that one, they are way to cute! But we did have some Bush Turkey, which are like those turkeys that are always running around and making a mess back in Byron Bay (and lots of other places). It was really good actually, we will never look at those little buggers the same now!


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.134s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0729s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb