Update from Oz


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Margaret River
February 22nd 2008
Published: February 22nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

This is the first opportunity we have had to get onto a pc since our last post. We hired a car for a couple of days last week and headed south of Perth to Freemantle, which was beautiful and very oldy worldy. Scott thought he was in the set of Back to The Future! We went across to a little island called Rottnest Island where we did some snorkelling ans sunbathing and by the end of the day we both looked like lobsters despite the sun block!

We took the car back last Tuesday and picked up a camper van which looks more like the Mystery Machine out of Scooby Doo, but is pretty cool really. We again headed South of Perth and have stopped in a place called Bunbury, where we went to a Dolphin Discovery centre where the wild dophins come up to the shore - of course they didnt when we were there and just swam on by!!

Next we went to a little town called Bussleton which was out of this world. We parked the van on a car park overlooking the beach and sea and to wake up to that view was definately something to write home about. Bruce the bear had his 1st photo shoot here - will post the pictures when we have more time.

The 1.8km jetty in Bussleton (2nd longest wooden jetty in the world, to no other than Southend pier!) was under renovations and walking along it was an experience in itself as the wooden boards had holes in them and moved up and down as you walked along! Me being me nearly ended up on my face more than once! At the end of the jetty is an underwater observatory which goes 9m under the sea. The fish were not caged in and were free to come and go - it was really amazing. On the walk back along the jetty 3 dolphins appeared - including a mother and her calf.

We then headed for Margaret River which is the area renowned for its winerys. We stopped in a place called Yallingup last night which was right on the beach and again an amazing location. We travelled through the winery region which was total bushland and saw many kangeroos along the way including a couple of dead ones that had been hit by cars.

We are now about to head further south to Augusta which is the most southernly point and where the Indian Ocean meets the Southern Ocean. From there we are off to Walpole to do the treetops walk and then onto Albany.

Will update when we next get to a pc.

Hope you are all well. I havent got an aussie phone yet but as soon as I get one I will post the number.

Jacq & Scott xxxxx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0458s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb