Gloucester tree


Advertisement
Published: December 20th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Whilst staying at Bridgetown you cannot miss the biggest tourist attraction here and thats the Gloucester tree, which is a 60m high lookout and you can climb it if you wish, of course i wished!!

The birds in the forest were that friendly that they sat on us looking for food.

After the tree were headed down the coast to see the great tingle tree, a tree with the largest trunk, from there it was to the valley of the giants and the treetop walk. After all that we travelled some more to Albany were we spent the night.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

The gloucester treeThe gloucester tree
The gloucester tree

The tree has metal poles that you use as steps to climb.
The view from the topThe view from the top
The view from the top

The view was amazing, the tree used to be used to spot forest fires so you can see for miles.
Don't look down!!Don't look down!!
Don't look down!!

This ones for the vertigo sufferers!!
The great tingle treeThe great tingle tree
The great tingle tree

This tree has the largest trunk and they used to let you drive your car through it!
The tree top walkThe tree top walk
The tree top walk

This a suspended walkway that allows you to see into the tree canopy.


2nd January 2006

the next celebrity out of the jungle is ...
voted out of the jungle by all of the general public is jim medbury. after starting fights with argies and for still wearing that red cap he was the favourite to go.

Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 25; dbt: 0.047s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb