INTO THE OUTBACK...


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Lake Grace
January 4th 2008
Published: May 29th 2008
Edit Blog Post

DUMBLEYUNGDUMBLEYUNGDUMBLEYUNG

nearly there...
It was time to take a break from the City for a few days so we headed out to our relatives In lake grace, proving to be my favourite part of this trip for sure....We rented a car as soon as we had arrived in Perth so we drove this on the very, very, very, long journey far far far out of the way..ha ha..but don't worry it was worth it...

After a few hours driving we stopped in a peculiar little village, where the drivers of those road trains stop all the time we hear...Some of which we managed to get a good glimpse of during our lil journey..,,,The place was called DUMBLEYUNG, a name i will not forgey any time soon for its hilariouty...i dunno..this place had no GREAT significance during our trip but it somehow remains very vivid in my memory of Oz...I think maybe it was when we reached here i REALLY knew we were DOWN UNDER...the kinda place you imagine to find a tumbleweed pass you by at any point, ha ha..

We reached Lake Grace later in the day, our relatives own a hostel type place here where we got to stay free
Lake Grace HospitalLake Grace HospitalLake Grace Hospital

One of the three first hospitals ever in Oz
of charge of course. This place is JUST UNBELIEVABLE!!! Just to put into perspective as to HOW amazing their neighbourhood is i'll tell you this, for about 300 people maybe just a bit more the have an OLYMPIC SIZE SWIMMING POOL just for them..mental..we only have about one of them for the entire popluation of ireland...i couldn't believe it..everything is maintained so well... Shops, pubs, hotel, hostel, pony clubs, swimming clubs, bowls club, EVERYTHING you could ever need in a place...okay so maybe you have like a few hours to drive before you hit any sign of anothe neighbourhood...but WHO cares, why would you ever wanna leave??,.,the people here are just incredible, everybody is delighted to help you at any time. I'd defintely recommend this as stop on any trip....it could so easily be forgotten amongst the other big names. We visited one of the oldest hospitals in Oz. Got to visit the flying doctor and watch him at work. eat with the locals at their weekly friday night fundraising dinner at the local club house. AND SO MUCH MORE and all for the price of nothing basically....

We went out to see Wave Rock one of the days...Its
Bye ByeBye ByeBye Bye

Ben and Family seeing us off...
a major tourist attraction, We heard all these hilarious stories of all these surfers who go out of their way to get here when they see the name on the map. Then they arrive here and actually realise it's just a massive rock int he shape of a wave, ha ha...funny thing is the nearest beach would be about four hours away...how they managed that i have NO idea...Anywhot he place itself is nice enough, if your passing nearby or close enough during a journey i'd recommend it but i wouldn't have someone go WELL out of their way, for a few hours just to see it!!!It is amazing to see how such a fascinating landform created naturally...mental stuff altogether...

On our return we visited Wagin...oh my god GO THERE...it has a lot to offer...The village is designed just like a western town would of looked...the early pilgrams here did the village proud in its time thats for sure...The massive RAM proves to be a quite a picture, shocked us all when we realised it wasn't actually a REALL ram that roamed the village freely..who'd a thunk it hey??..ha ha...They also have this amazing minature village made to an
ATTACK OF THE FLIE'SATTACK OF THE FLIE'SATTACK OF THE FLIE'S

my god we were being attacked from every angle......
exact replica of how the village would of looked in the times of the early settlers here. from early schools to the printing/dress making shops and so one.My family really did enjoy checking out some of the first machinery used here (coming from the farm and alll..i know sad...but at least we're happy..ha ha..)...Oh a really nice fish and chip shop can also by found across from the open green if ya ever find yourself here...as random as that may sound, ya just never know...

What a trip..seriously..unforgettable....


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

OLYMPIC  SIZE POOLOLYMPIC  SIZE POOL
OLYMPIC SIZE POOL

We have one for the entire population of ireland..they have one for around 300 people...
KODAK MOMENTKODAK MOMENT
KODAK MOMENT

It almost feels like a dream...
OUTBACKOUTBACK
OUTBACK

mental...
WAGINWAGIN
WAGIN

who'd a thunk it....the RAM would be THIS BIG....


Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0386s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb