Kununurra


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Kununurra
April 21st 2017
Published: April 21st 2017
Edit Blog Post

Bus RideBus RideBus Ride

The road to Wyndham reflected in the windows of the bus. Looked a bit squally in the distance.
22nd March 2017

Up early as body still on Melbourne time clock. Slept OK though. Walked over to the Mango Cafe for breakfast. Beautiful food - Ian had poached eggs and bacon and I had wild mushrooms with poached egg and spinach.



We then did a circuit around the CBD of Kununurra - too early for the shops though.



Back to the hotel for a swim and a laze around until 12.00 checkout. Met up with Darryl and Kay again in the Kimberley Diamonds shop and decided we would all lunch at the Mango cafe - just sandwiches and iced coffee.



Back to the KCC bar for a while and then picked up by the bus from Triple J tours and taken out to Wyndham Port to connect with Kimberley Quest II. Interesting drive and commentary.



Boat couldn't come in to the jetty so we were ferried out in the jet boat which is a 20 seater a bit like the boats at Horizontal Falls. It will be our excursion boat on the trip and is towed behind all the way.



Champagne and nibbles as
WyndhamWyndhamWyndham

Statues in one of the back streets. Hope they are going to slash the grass before the high season!
the sun set and met the rest of the people on the cruise. There are just twelve of us - Kay, Darryl, Jenny and Sally and us from Melbourne and surrounds, David and Ruth (possibly from Melbourne also), Graeme and Margaret from Perth, Leo and Marie from Hobart who also happen to be Captain Sam's Mum and Dad! Secret squirrel though!



Dinner was filet steak and Veges plus chocolate cake with fruit and cream. Beautifully presented and delicious. Bed beckoned fairly early although once we exited the Gulf it was a little bit bumpy and noisy. First night in a strange bed is always hard for me so until the pick went in the water at around 2.00 am I was awake. We anchored off Reveley Island, not far from the Berkeley River which is tomorrow's first destination.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Cambridge GulfCambridge Gulf
Cambridge Gulf

Heading out into the sunset on Cambridge Gulf.


Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0555s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb