Kununurra


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Kununurra
September 24th 2008
Published: September 25th 2008
Edit Blog Post

KununurraKununurraKununurra

Kununurra National Park
We've spent the last couple of days in Kununurra, which is in the eastern part of the Kimberley region. The rest of the Kimberley isn't as accessible without a car and tours are expensive.

On Monday morning we started to walk down to the celebrity tree park by the lagoon, where celebrities have planted trees. It's only about a kilometre to the park but it's so hot here we had to stop before we got there and lie under a tree for a while and then go and sit in a cafe for an hour or two because we both felt sick. We finally got to the park in the afternoon and saw Rolf Harris' tree and Princess Anne's, we didn't recognise any of the other names. The lagoon is gorgeous, freshwater crocs live there but we didn't spot any.

From the caravan park we've been staying at you can walk out straight into the National Park and there are a few walking trails. We left at about 6:30am so that we weren't out in the midday sun. The walks aren't very long, we did them all and were back by about 9:30am. We walked through a gorge and
KununurraKununurraKununurra

View of Kelly's Knob over the lagoon from The Celebrity Tree Park.
to a lookout over the town. Even so early it was really hot and we were so we went back to the cafe and treated ourselves to cream cakes! We spent a couple of hours there again because we couldn't bear to be outside and then went back to the lagoon to find some shade and watch for crocs... we didn't see any.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.097s; Tpl: 0.021s; cc: 13; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0463s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb