The Kimberley


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Kimberley
July 20th 2011
Published: July 21st 2011
Edit Blog Post

We set out early this mornign to check out the Kimberley. Our first stop was El Questro to pay for our Wilderness Pass and have a look around. We had a good look at the walks and decided on Emma Gorge with the fantastic waterfall at the end. On our way we called in to Zebedee Springs but it was so crowded we just had a quick look around and headed out again. There was a place on the river marked on our map that said Fish Hole so we thought we would take a detour and see if it was a good place for David to wet a line. It turned out to be too steep so we kept on to Emma Gorge.

The walk into the gorge was not as hard as the map made out and we managed to scramble over rocks and through the creek to finish up at an amazing pool and water fall. The water was freezing and after getting in and getting wet Lisa got out again. David was much braver and swum over to the waterfall and around the pool.

Our next stop was Wyndham which is the port town to the north of Kununurra, not too much to see here.

Back to Kununurra for our last night at Tania and Rhys'. We have appreciated their hospitality and it has been a great base for us.

Tomorrow we head back to Katherine and then on to Darwin.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.116s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0843s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb