Pardoo roadhouse


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Karijini
August 13th 2011
Published: August 21st 2011
Edit Blog Post

After leaving Karijini we were on the long road again. Not much to see on this highway and not many towns to stop at. We did however get an amazing sunset so we stopped for pictures and at the same time as the sunset the moon was rising. Pretty cool.

We made it to Pardoo Roadhouse at 7pm in the dark. There is nothing here but a roadhouse, a campground and a few motel rooms. Everyone would be sleeping in swags on the grass but because of my stupid broken ribs and my inability to get down on the ground I had to stay in one of the motel rooms. The tour company did pay for half of the room but even then it still cost me $50!!!!! YIKES. Guess they can charge whatever they want in the middle of no where, people have to stay.

Now, you'd think a room for $100 should be really nice.....well my room was literally big enough for a single bed, a small closet and a bedside table. That was it. Not even my own bathroom. Welcome to the outback! No wonder everyone camps around here! We had dinner and all took turns taking showers before playing a few drinking games. It was a fun night.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 29; dbt: 0.03s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb