artles travelling east homeward bound


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Kalgoorlie
September 23rd 2013
Published: September 23rd 2013
Edit Blog Post

Headed off out of Perth and although it was rainy it was not too bad. Enjoyed Kalgoorlie after a stop at historic and lovely York. We then began our trip across the Nullabor by playing in Kalgoorlie the first 2 holes of the longest golf course in the world – the Nullabor Links. Then a beautiful day to start with and played a very interesting and at times challenging 9 holes. Camped about 10km from Mundrabilla roadhouse and that night....torrential rain, thunder and lightning which kept us awake. We rose early to find ourselves surrounded by water and Arthur waded out in bare feet to check out the logistics of leaving. We were off again by 6.30am before any more rain fell and water swept into the camp area but due to that and the gale force winds that we endured during the day no more golf was played until we reached Penong!. Finally the wind died down and we managed to complete that hole and the 2 remaining at Ceduna. Ceduna surprised both of us and was much nicer than expected before heading on to Streaky Bay. We had planned on staying here but it was windy so put it on the list for another time and continued travelling onto Kimba for a delightful rest stop. On through the Flinders Ranges which were amazingly green for a stop in a favourite place – Burra. Enjoyed exploring the town again! Next day was a travelling day with an overnight stop in Ouyen – interesting with the sheep sales about to happen the next day. Then with a bit of a change into Castlemaine for our last official stop. What a trip! We are sorry to be finishing and although we set out with the idea that we would only go on a trip such as this once we would dearly love to do it again. Especially the Kimberley! Stay tuned for the next blog. Until then... Happy travels!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0376s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb