Denham to Fremantle


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Denham
September 10th 2013
Published: September 10th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Shark Bay (Denham) and Monkey Mia were our next destinations stopping at the amazing Shell Beach on the way. 150 kilometres of shells (sand) and beautiful blue water. Once again stunning scenery. Riding and walking along the foreshore here kept us interested as there was always an amazing catch at the state of the art fish filleting benches. We saw a dugong just near the pier and this set the scene for our trip over to Monkey Mia. Arrived here early in the morning and at first we thought we would be only seeing/feeding a mother dolphin and baby but patience came through and we ended up watching about 7 or 8 play in the shallows throughout the morning. This also included a lovely buffet breakfast in the resort overlooking the beach. A beautiful day! Carnarvon was the next stop, just for a couple of days to stock up and clean up. We were also delaying the inevitable of heading south. We had time for a tour around the town and caught up with on road companions whose paths we kept crossing. From here it was onto Kalbarri for a few days but along the way the number of wildflowers increased dramatically. It was a delightful drive which we enjoyed thoroughly. Kalbarri was a beautiful little place with lots on offer- wildflowers, coastal gorges, river gorges and national park, along with the river and inlet and wild ocean. We spent a few days exploring and catching up with the road companions once again. On from here we hit the Indian Ocean drive through Port Denison /Dongarra staying at Jurien Bay. With a couple of nights here we had time to explore the local seafood delights and enjoyed lobster and champagne overlooking the Indian Ocean and spent a great day near Cervantes at the Pinnacles. A strange national park with limestone pillars – a bit like a mini Capadoccia in Turkey. From there onto Perth- with our first day being a reality check with rain and wind. Since then we’ve spent a lovely week exploring the beaches, Fremantle, Perth city, the Swan Valley and caught up with former neighbours and some long lost cousins of A’s.

As time is nearing a close we intend to visit York and then Kalgoorlie to prepare for our game of golf across the Nullarbor. See you all soon!


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.098s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0697s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb