How to break into a Toyota Corolla in the middle of nowhere.


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Kalbarri
December 26th 2005
Published: December 27th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Alan - just b4 he locks the keys in the carAlan - just b4 he locks the keys in the carAlan - just b4 he locks the keys in the car

Alan was so chuffed with his new Hutt River Province T shirt, that he didnt realise the keys were stil sitting on the back seat when he slammed the door shut and showed off for the camera. Once he realised what had happened there was a lot of swearing for about 10 seconds - then we had a good laugh about it and proceeded to 'car break in' mode.
Kalbarri was eventful - to say the least.

We had a bit of a trauma the day before Xmas Eve. We'd been on an excursion to the Hutt River Province - which Alan will write about later - and a T shirt was purchased for Mr McCabe during our visit. He loved it and was really desperate to put it on, therefore when we stopped on the way back at a deserted lookout spot on the coast, full advantage was taken to fish the shirt from the back seat and get changed into it. Disaster struck. We were having such a carry on that Alan forgot he'd put the car keys on the back seat, and promptly closed the door over. About a nanosecond later he realised, and we were stuck, in the back end of arse, with n way of getting into our car. There was no one around, and we were miles away from civilisation. Shit. What did we do? We had a laugh about it and panned in a window - simple as that. Well, what could we do? We'll get charged our deposit now for breaking the window. Not great, but no point in crying about it is there?

Over all we had a great time here - Kalbarri is a brilliant little seaside town at the mouth of the lovely Murchiston River. Our accom was fab - smashing pool and facilities - and the staff were so helpful. We spent Xmas here and we're really glad we did. There was only ourselves and another couple in the YHA, so we made good use of this and had a bit of a sing song with them on Xmas night. They were Danika and Eddy from Holland and were lovely company. E&D are on honeymoon - and are doing a similar route to us - just at different times. Hopefully we'll be able to stay in touch and get some tips from them along the way!

We'll keep this blog short - all we need to say is that it was weird being away from home at Xmas - but it was different and we're glad of the experience. We had a ball, and Kalbarri was just the ticket to get us back in our natural happy state after the dissapointment we had in Exmouth.

Its our last night in Perth, as I type,
Trying to pan TonyTrying to pan TonyTrying to pan Tony

...unsuccessfully at first as the sandstone rock we were using was too soft. Later we tried a big metal rod and that worked fine.
and tomorrow we fly to Sydney. We cant wait to get there and see Pauls, and all the amazing sights. It will be a welcome oasis returning to a big city, and the call of the shop sales is strong! Hopefully there wil be a GAP as we both need new jeans.

We'll see you in Syddo, mates!

Love, Alan & Shaz. xxx







Additional photos below
Photos: 29, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Eventually we got in....Eventually we got in....
Eventually we got in....

The car is gubbed. Not only have we got one broken window - we also have a severely scratched second window and a bust door. Do you think we'll get our deposit back? NO? Neither do we.
Cabo by the oceanCabo by the ocean
Cabo by the ocean

...glad the trauma of the day has been resolved....
Alan after his trip to the doctorAlan after his trip to the doctor
Alan after his trip to the doctor

Bloody hand lines in Exmouth!
Cockatoos in the treesCockatoos in the trees
Cockatoos in the trees

..or parrots - we dont know which it is.
Selection of drinks we donSelection of drinks we don
Selection of drinks we don

Sara - note the two Bundy types in the bottom row! They are calling you.......


Tot: 0.041s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0201s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb