Kalbarri (8-11 August)


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Kalbarri
August 14th 2008
Published: August 14th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We arrived in Kalbarri around 3pm and stayed at Murchison Caravan Park, which was nice and centrally located. Our site was right next to a decent playground, so Annelies and Thomas were in heaven. On Saturday, 9th we visited the magnificent coastal cliffs section of Kalbarri National Park, with short walks to Natural Bridge, Island Rock, Castle Cove, Shellhouse Grandstand, Eagle Gorge and Red Bluff. We also did a few short sections of the 8km coastal trail which runs from Natural Bridge to Eagle Gorge, but it was getting late, so on Monday we came back to do the fairly short Mushroom Rock loop trail which goes from Rainbow Valley to Mushroom Rock. The cliffs and scenery were spectacular.

On Sunday we hopped across the road from the park to see the daily pelican feeding at 8.45am before driving up to the inland part of Kalbarri National Park which surrounds Murchison River. We did the 8km walk around “The Loop”, which was very picturesque and included “Nature's Window”. It took us 3 hours with several stops along the way. Although it was quite warm and involved some sandy sections and lots of pesky flies, it was well worth the effort. After lunch, we went up to the lookout at “The Z Bend”.

As has been the case all the way down the west coast, the wildflowers were again in abundance.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.108s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 12; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0671s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb