The Journey begins


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Jurien Bay
April 4th 2016
Published: April 3rd 2016
Edit Blog Post

The journey has finally begun. After one more nostalgic look around the home in Greenwood and saying good bye to the cousins Christie and Chris, we set off on our trip up the northwest coast of Western Australia. No rain in sight, just a beautiful blue sky and lots of excitement. We knew the first day was going to be fairly easy as our travel time to the first destination, Jurien Bay, was only a couple of hours away on the Indian Ocean Drive. This was probably a good thing, for we were towing our caravan for the first time and even the vehicle was having its first real test-our trusty Mitzubishi Challenger. We arrived about 1:30pm. The caravan park is situated right on the ocean with all facilities. These days they are more like resorts and offer you all amenities.

Jurien Bay is a beautiful spot and is part of the turquoise coast. When you view the water in the bay it reflects a rich turquoise blue colour and seems to sparkle in the sun. Jurien Bay used to be a sleepy fishing village, but is now a very classy holiday destination with cafes, upmarket holiday units and
The PromenadeThe PromenadeThe Promenade

Lovely morning walks
plenty of activities for one to participate in; sky diving, fishing, Pinnacle tours,leisure walks by the sea and much more. I do not like heights so walking and fishing was the go. Nothing was caught but I thoroughly enjoyed the experience. I walked our companion German Shepherd, Skye, every morning along the coastal walk and down onto the beach where she loved to frolic and enjoyed chasing waves. Occasionally she would meet other canines and friendly doggy chat took place. I think she is really going to enjoy the holiday, with many magnificent beaches to explore and and lots of waves to catch. The northwest coastline is certainly very spectacular.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

The MarinaThe Marina
The Marina

How turquoise is the water?
At the PointAt the Point
At the Point

Skye and Michael enjoying the beach.
The Pristine ShorelineThe Pristine Shoreline
The Pristine Shoreline

How blue is the water lapping at the shore.


Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0469s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb