Fitxrow Crossing


Advertisement
Published: May 31st 2008
Edit Blog Post

Its hard to beleive its almost been a week since our last entry, time has flown but we're loving it.

We left Port Hedland and said goodbye to Tom & Donna on Tuesday morning, missed a roadhouse for fuel on the way so missed out on a chance to go fishing on 80 mile beach or we would have had to walk the last 50km to Broome.

Checked into the Cable beach Caravan Park which was great, had a fantastic pool which we spent a lot of time in, Spent 3 relaxing days in Broome, not a great deal to see but good atmosphere, heard about a Rave that was on Saturday and Alex Lloyd was playing at the main pub on the Friday but we had spent enough money already so decided to move on.

In Broome, we went on a 45 minute camel ride which was fun, had dinner at the local brewery. Had a platter with Salmon, Prawns, Kangaroo and Lamb, very yummy, even tried out there Mango and chilli flavoured beers.
Came to Fitzroy Crossing early Friday where i am writing from now. Were going to head to Halls Creek today and then onto Kununurra but its very nice here and we heard Halls Creek is nothing special so we're here for two nights.

The caravan Park we're in has its own pub so we watched the first half of the Crows here last night before they closed up. Cant beleive they actually won. The majority of the crowd in the pub were aboriginals and being pay week, they were enjoying the $11 premixers. got talking to a few and had a really good night, they certainly enjoyed the Eagles win over the Crows last week and rubbed it in. They all got kicked out at about 830 and staggered back to their communities out bush. Pale Ales are $9 a stubbie. Ouch.

went for a 2 hour walk through Geike Gorge this moring which was great, the sign said to look out for crocodiles basking in the sun on the banks but we didnt see any. Good thing i guess.

Heading off to Kununurra/Lake Argyle tomorrow for a few nights, will try and get on a scenic flight over the Kimberleys/Bungle Bungles as most of the things to see up here are 4WD accessible only.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.104s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0574s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb